Sunday, September 25, 2011

Camera Controls and Lighting

   I just finished reading chapters 8 and 9 about camera controls and lighting.  I have been toying with the idea of updating my DSLR.  It is a 10 megapixel Nikon.  I learned while reading that 10 megapixels is a good starting point.  I'm thinking of putting money into a good strobe and telephoto lens, and wait for the camera body.  It seems that the bodies themselves are upgraded on a regular basis.  You buy the latest and greatest today and tomorrow it will be obsolete!
   I would like to find a camera with more on camera controls.  I don't like going into the camera menu to change settings, such as white balance and ISO.
   I like to use natural light as often as possible.  It seems to bring in such beautiful softness (unless it is high noon!) and the colors can be phenomenal.  I only have the pop-up strobe at this time.  I am not a fan because you cannot do anything with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment